Friday, July 17, 2009

Moving Forward~Milly Callum

Moving Forward

I looked down into the box without believing what I was seeing. After I was out of my stupor, I ran down the stairs as fast as I could and all the way to God’s throne, forgetting to set down the box on my way there. “They’re going back!” I yelled. “They’re going back to the church!” I collapsed into his arms. “They’re going back.” He smiled and I stepped back so I could look at him. “Do you want to see Tod now?” He asked. I smiled wider than I had been already, which was almost impossible at this point. With tears in my eyes, I nodded. His face turned more serious. “You have to let go of the world.” He said. “I don’t understand. I’m in heaven. How do I let go of the world?” He looked down at the box in my hands, and I understood. “I have to destroy this if I want to see Tod?” He nodded. I was sad for a moment before realizing that now was the perfect time to destroy it. Everyone’s problems were coming to an end, and if I destroyed the box now, that would be how I remembered them. I looked up at him. “How do I destroy it?” I asked. In response, he stepped back and gestured to the floor. I nodded at him, to let him know that I understood. I lifted the box high above my head, brushing my wings in the process. Then I dropped it. I watched it as it fell in agonizingly slow motion toward the ground. It made contact with the ground and shattered, scattering the pieces in all directions. The next thing I knew, everything around me started to fade into nothing.

~~~*~_~*~~~

To all of my Friends,
I write to you now to assure you of the truth of this story. But before I do, I should explain to you what parts are actually true. Everything that has happened in ‘heaven’ is a dream made up from my own head. I am happy to say that I am in the real heaven now, along with all of my friends that I watched while in my heaven. If you were wondering, most of them died of natural causes, all except Ali and Cassy, both taken by cancer; Ali at 54 and Cassy at 67. Their children and their children’s children live all over the world, serving as everything from missionaries to counselors to carpenters, all with a powerful love for God. I look forward to meeting each and every one of them when their time comes. Everything I’ve spoken of happening on earth, well, that has all been very real. The tree where Tod hid our notes is still there, and the notes are still in place, though the area looks a little different now. It’s become known as “TM Park”, although very few people know what the TM stands for. Our letters have never been found. Everyone simply believes that someone carved a heart in a tree long, long ago. No one has ever thought to look under the carving. I’ve rewritten the letters for anyone who is curious as to their contents. I will say that there is not much to them but the love of two young people. But for Tod and I, they were everything. I cannot say much more, except that I hope to see you all very soon.
Love always, Milly

No comments:

Post a Comment